salebanner summer17

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [OS X] error: unable to open database file

[OS X] error: unable to open database file 1 year 1 month ago #2417

• jrknight123@gmail.com
  • New Twink
Hi all,

I recently downloaded the full OS X version of the game, and after putting in the serial key and trying to start a new game, I get these "unable to open database file" and "there is no database open" errors, and the subtitles do not seem to be showing up. These error messages pop up after every line of dialogue.

I've tried reinstalling twice but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
OS X 10.11.5 El Capitan
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[OS X] error: unable to open database file 1 year 1 month ago #2418

• kylep413@gmail.com
  • New Twink
I've also been having this issue since attempting to download version 1.1 with multiple reinstalls :'(

[OS X] error: unable to open database file 1 year 3 weeks ago #2426

• Elyris
  • New Twink
Same problem.

Does any body have a solution. text is not showing and the error message pops up every time i press to move forward.

[OS X] error: unable to open database file 1 year 2 weeks ago #2435

• scotsrugbyjock
  • New Twink
Unfortunately, Im just here to add my add voice to rest of the mac users affected by this problem.
i Thought I would try downloading both of the different demos in the hope that one of them wouldn't be affected.
doesn't sound like buying the full version off the program is likely to help either.

Im using a OSX 10.6.8
I'm bit disappointed i am really interested to see what this game has to offer.
Customer service seams lacking given that there has been no admin response to this question for over two weeks.

[OS X] error: unable to open database file 1 year 2 days ago #2444

• popthart
  • New Twink
Hi everyone,

I am also having this same exact problem. I initially downloaded the .dmg demo for Mac, and after starting it up, I ran into this problem. Because I knew I was going to end up buying the game anyways, I went ahead and purchased, downloaded and installed the full Mac version (.dmg), hoping it was just a problem with the demo.

This, however, was not the case. Everything about the game seems to work fine except that before every dialogue, there is a popup saying "An error occurred: Unable to open the database file" immediately followed by a second saying "An error occurred: There is no database opened." Another problem is that there is a text box at the bottom of the screen, but no subtitles appear. Also, I'm assuming this is connected to the subtitles, but if you push through the annoying pop-ups until your character has to choose a dialogue option or something like that, the choices just show up as blank boxes with no words or way to tell what the options are.

I know I'm over-explaining, but I just want to make sure that anyone reading this knows exactly what's going on. I'm obviously not the only person with this problem, so hopefully this gets fixed ASAP because I can't wait to play what looks like such a quality game!

Thanks for any help you can offer :)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 2 days ago by popthart. Reason: I discovered another problem that might be related.

[OS X] error: unable to open database file 11 months 1 week ago #2450

• nikg
  • New Twink
I got the same problem with the demo. Was hoping to check out this game and see what gameplay is like, and you know, maybe even buy it. No word on this issue in a month and a half isn't a good sign....