Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Finishing Download never finishes.

Finishing Download never finishes. 3 years 2 months ago #931

• wrmsnicket
  • New Twink
I've bought a few games, and I got the activation codes for them. I try to activate one. It runs smoothly until it gets to a screen that says 'Finishing Download...Please Wait..." Am I supposed to wait for hours upon hours? The files not that big, so it shouldn't take that long. Help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Finishing Download never finishes. 3 years 2 months ago #935

• Liam
  • OONYX TEAM
  • Thank you received: 228
Hi,

This error is caused when your installation of PDB Starter is being blocked by either a firewall/virus scanner or windows itself. Run through the steps below, to solve this problem.

Step 1 - Did you change the installation directory?
When PDB starter is installed within one of the windows system directories, like the program files directory, windows will limit the operation of PDB starter. Updating, downloading and activating a edition will then NOT work as windows doesn't allow PDB Starter to change & create other files into those protected directories.

To change the installation directory, after instalation, copy & paste the whole "OONYX Games" to a new location and change the desktop icon link to the new location.

Does the game run? Great, Problem solved! If that wasn't is, try the next step.

Step 2 - Check your firewall & virusscanner
Try running PDB Starter with your virus scanner/firewall temporarily turned off. If you don't want to/cannot turn it off, you likely can add an exception rule for PDB starter. Look in your virus scanner/firewall manual on how to do that.

Does the game run? Great, Problem solved! If that wasn't is, try the next step.

Step 3 - Run PDB Starter as administrator
Try running PDB Starter as administrator by right clicking the desktop icon and chosing "Run As Admin"

Does the game run? Great, Problem solved! If that wasn't it, please let us know.
OONYX GAMES TEAM MEMBER

Need technical support? Don't forget the search function or make a post on our forum. Need billing support? Then create a supportticket

Finishing Download never finishes. 2 years 5 months ago #1529

• circ-man
  • New Twink
Hey there!

I have the same Problem with the Demo versions... At first it's starting normal and after some moments it got stuck on "Finishing download... please wait..."

Non of solutions above worked... :(

Anybody can help?

Thanks!